How Local Alcohol Treatment Centers Will Help You Recover
Local alcohol treatment centers will help you recover if you are dependent on or addicted to alcohol and cannot control your use of it. For many people, alcohol is something they enjoy on occasion, or they are in control of their alcohol use. If you feel that you may have a problem with alcohol, it is likely that you do and, given the intensity that alcohol use disorders can cause for those attempting to stop drinking, you should consider attending alcohol treatment. We can help you find the best treatment for your needs. Call 800-481-6320Who Answers? for a free treatment consultation today.
Why Choose a Local Center?
There are many reason why choosing a local alcohol treatment center is better than choosing a facility far away. Some people may decide that the latter is best for them, but for most, there can be many benefits to sticking close to home, including:
- Local treatment is often more accessible and readily available to those individuals who need it. You do not need to travel or research other facilities; those which are close are often already much easier to attend.
- According to the NIDA, “Because drug-addicted individuals may be uncertain about entering treatment, taking advantage of available services the moment people are ready for treatment is critical.” The same goes for alcohol addiction treatment. “As with other chronic diseases, the earlier treatment is offered in the disease process, the greater the likelihood of positive outcomes.”
- In a local alcohol treatment center, patients can be visited by family and friends who love them and can give them positive reinforcement which is incredibly important to the recovery of many individuals. Those who have stopped abusing alcohol have often stated that they could not have done so without the love and support of their families.
- Your family physician can also often recommend you to local facilities that are reputable and have a good success record with previous patients. Because your doctor will often know you and more about the facilities in their own area than other ones, it can be easier to find the right kind of treatment this way, which better sets up for a stronger recovery.
- The cost is much less in most cases when a patient chooses to attend local alcohol treatment. This may not seem to have an effect on recovery, but it can be much easier for a patient to attend cheaper treatment without the worry of how they will pay. Also, when they leave treatment, they will likely still have money to help them get through the next phase which is especially important when someone leaves inpatient rehab.
- Patients often remain in treatment longer if they feel comfortable, safe, and supported, all things that local alcohol treatment centers can often provide. The NIDA states, “Research indicates that most addicted individuals need at least 3 months in treatment to significantly reduce or stop their drug use and that the best outcomes occur with longer durations of treatment.” That is why length of stay also affects recovery and gives patients a better basis of such after treatment ends.
The Dangers of Alcohol Withdrawal
Alcohol withdrawal can be life-threatening if not properly treated which is why local alcohol treatment centers can help you recover, not just from your alcohol addiction, but from painful and potentially deadly symptoms. According to the NCBI, “Alcohol withdrawal symptoms usually occur within 8 hours after the last drink.” These symptoms include tremors, depression, fatigue, nightmares, the inability to concentrate, and in the case of extremely severe alcohol withdrawal called delirium tremens, fever, seizures, hallucinations, and severe confusion.
If you decide not to attend rehab when you are possibly about to undergo these symptoms, there is no telling if your withdrawal will be mild or extremely severe. It should be noted that even mild alcohol withdrawal can be dangerous and unnerving to experience. If instead you are looking to attend a rehab center that is farther away, you might start to go through withdrawal before you are able to get there, given that sometimes alcohol withdrawal occurs after only 8 hours of cessation of drinking.
At a local alcohol treatment center, you can be treated quickly and safely and be able to protect yourself from any harm that may befall you during alcohol withdrawal. While many drugs, even illicit ones, are extremely dangerous and cause intense withdrawal syndromes, the possibility for alcohol withdrawal death is extremely high in many cases and should not be risked. This way, you will not only have a safer withdrawal experience but a better chance of a stronger recovery.
We can help you find the treatment you need. Call 800-481-6320Who Answers? today.
Meeting Others and Aftercare
In a local alcohol treatment centers, you often meet other individuals who can help you in treatment and afterward. Other patients can help you by listening and discussing their problems with you so that you may all find strength in your shared experiences. And, for many individuals, their needs do not end with inpatient or outpatient treatment. Others you meet in a local alcohol treatment center can help you with your aftercare as well.
Patients or doctors can help recommend you to a mutual-help group that is nearby like AA or SOS. As stated by the NIAAA, “MHGs are groups of two or more people who share a problem and come together to provide problem-specific help and support to one another.” These are still the most sought after treatments for alcohol use disorders even today, and others in a local alcohol treatment center can help you find a program like this that is also local for when you finish your treatment, allowing you to stay strong and resolute in your abstinence from alcohol.
Local alcohol treatment centers will help you recover by allowing you to be treated quickly, considerately, and on your terms. Many individuals attempt to quit alcohol alone but that can be extremely difficult, and even the recovery they are sometimes able to achieve is shaky at best. These programs will give patients a solid basis for recovery and an idea of how to proceed with their lives after treatment without costing too much or making them travel too far from home. Please call 800-481-6320Who Answers? for help finding treatment today.