Is There an Admission Process Before I Enter Rehab? What is the Process?
Every rehab program has its own admission process, but in general, there are several important steps that must be taken from the point when you call a facility and when you are admitted. If you are still looking for a safe, reliable rehab center to attend, call 888-646-0635Who Answers? now to receive help from one of the rehab experts in our call center.
The Process of Admission
Most rehab centers have an admission process that will require time and certain information in order to be completed. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, “Strategies for keeping people in treatment are critical,” as longer treatment programs are contingent with beneficial outcomes, and healthcare providers must understand the needs of their patients as well as which treatment options will best help them recover and stay in rehab.
For the admission process, you will need:
- Your insurance card and policy information
- Your primary doctor’s information
- A history of your (or your loved one’s) substance abuse
- All information about your needs for recovery, including especially any medical or psychological issues that may require further care
A Step-by-Step Process
The admission process for most rehab centers usually goes as follows:
- Once you have found a program that seems like it will cater to your many needs, even those not associated with your addiction, contact the facility (NIDA). The healthcare provider will often need to perform a short assessment over the phone and to take your information, including:
- Your medical history
- Your history of substance abuse
- Any additional issues that could affect your recovery
- The healthcare provider will then ask for your payment information in order to get you help as quickly as possible. You will likely discuss the amount your insurance will cover, your copay, and any other important payment matters before you are admitted.
- Your travel arrangements will then be made, often by the healthcare providers themselves. They will want to ensure that you are able to get the facility safely and easily, and many times, individuals from the program will stay in touch with you and/or your family members as you travel to the facility.
- Sometimes, the admission process includes a tour of the facility before you are admitted. This isn’t always necessary but is recommended in order to ensure that you feel safe and comfortable at the facility before you choose to attend treatment there.
After all your information is taken and you are able to see the facility for yourself, you can officially be admitted and begin your treatment. This process is important not only for ensuring that the right patient is matched up with the right facility and program but also to quickly help those who need treatment into their respective programs so that healing can begin as soon as possible.
Seek Addiction Rehab Today
Call 888-646-0635Who Answers? to find a rehab center where you can safely recover from substance abuse and addiction. We will match you to the best treatment option for your needs and help ensure that your admission process goes as smoothly as possible.