How Do I Know What Level of Addiction Treatment Care Is Right for Me?
There are many different levels of treatment offered at different types of rehab centers, but how can you know which option will best benefit your needs? Call 800-481-6320Who Answers? now to find a rehab program that will cater to your specific situation and allow you to recover safely and effectively.
What Options Are Available?
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, “Research studies on addiction treatment typically have classified programs into several general types or modalities.” When you are considering admitting yourself into a professional rehab program, which is often the best choice for recovery, there are three main options available to you.
- Inpatient care: a type of rehab program where patients receive 24-hour care in a hospital-based environment
- Residential care: a type of rehab program where patients receive 24-hour care in a non-hospital environment
- Outpatient care: a type of rehab program where patients can attend treatment on a daily basis without staying at the facility
Any one of these options may be appropriate for a certain individual, but the different levels of treatment involved mean that one will likely be more appropriate for you. It is important to consider which of them will be most beneficial to you by examining your needs.
Which Level of Addiction Treatment Should I Choose?
As stated by the medical journal Psychiatric Quarterly, some individuals require inpatient care to safely and effectively recover from addiction while others may be able to attend outpatient treatment with better success and without incurring the costs commonly associated with the former option. However, it is important to consider your needs and your current situation before choosing one type of recovery or the other.
- Inpatient centers offer the best care to those suffering from severe psychological or medical issues that require constant supervision and hospital-based treatments. If you are not dealing with these types of issues, it could be more beneficial to choose a different type of program.
- Residential rehab centers can best treat individuals who have a weak social support system, do not feel safe or encouraged in their recoveries at home, and require an environment that helps them stay calm and avoid temptation. In addition, those dealing with fewer medical issues but who still require 24-hour care could also benefit from residential rehab.
- Outpatient programs are best for those with extensive social supports, jobs, and other responsibilities they feel comfortable continuing while they begin treatment. It is usually best for someone to choose outpatient care if they are not suffering from a severe addiction or if they are not attending treatment for the first time.
Think about which of these situations most closely mirrors your own. This will help you choose the most appropriate level of care for your addiction treatment and to recover as safely as possible.
Your Recovery Starts Today
Call 800-481-6320Who Answers? now to find a rehab center with the right level of treatment for your situation and to begin recuperating. One should never attempt to overcome addiction alone; treatment is the best option for a safe and strong recovery.