8 Signs It’s Time to Look Into Drug Abuse Rehab Centers
If you’re suffering from drug abuse and addiction, it might be difficult for you to take a step back and assess how addiction is affecting your life. Perhaps your partner or employer suggested you have a problem with addiction, or maybe you’ve realized that addiction is preventing you from accomplishing major life goals. Whatever the case, it may be time to look into treatment, and explore nearby drug abuse rehab centers that can help you overcome addiction.
In the United States, only 11.2% of people who need treatment for drug or alcohol addiction receive treatment at a specialty rehab facility, according to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. This means that the remaining 88.8% of addicts are either trying to overcome addiction on their own, or failing to seek any type of treatment.
Are you suffering from substance abuse, or suspect you might have a problem with addiction? If so, call our helpline at 800-481-6320Who Answers? to speak to a trusted drug abuse counselor who can set you on the path to recovery. We’ll help you find drug abuse rehab centers in your area that can successfully treat your addiction, and help you achieve lifelong sobriety.
Here are 8 signs it’s time for you to seek help for addiction.
1. You Experience Withdrawal Symptoms
If you experience severe, intense withdrawal symptoms after you stop using a drug, you might need professional intervention and treatment at a rehab facility. Withdrawal symptoms will vary depending on the substance you’re abusing.
Withdrawal symptoms may include one or more of the following:
- Abdominal cramping
- Blurred vision
- Excessive sweating
If you’ve experienced one or more of the above withdrawal symptoms, it’s time to get help from a rehab center. In some cases, you may need 24/7 medical supervision if overcoming dependency on opiates such as heroin or morphine.
2. Your Health is Getting Worse
Most illicit substances will cause you to experience a decline in health, and can increase your risk for cancer, mental disorders, and other illnesses. Have you noticed one or more negative changes in your health since you started using? If so, seek help right away before your health continues to get worse.
3. You’ve Broken the Law
Have you been pulled over for driving while under the influence, or been arrested for engaging in unlawful behavior? If so, your addiction could be interfering with your life to the point it’s threatening your freedom. Take a step back, and get help immediately to avoid paying fines or going to jail for crimes you commit while under the influence.
4. You’re Struggling at Work or School
If you’ve been fired from your job, or your performance at work or school has declined since you started using, take a moment to evaluate whether your addiction is affecting your professional livelihood. If addiction is interfering with work or school, get help now to avoid compromising your professional future.
5. Your Personal Relationships Are Suffering
It may be time to seek treatment if family members have cut you out of their lives, or your romantic partner has ended your relationship. In addition to helping you overcome addiction, drug abuse rehab centers can teach you how to seek forgiveness and mend relationships with friends and family following treatment.
6. You’ve Harmed Yourself or Others
Substance abuse can sometimes lead to violence, or to suicidal thoughts that coincide with depression and co-occurring mental disorders. If you’ve harmed yourself or others while under the influence, get help immediately before you do something you’ll regret after achieving sobriety.
7. You’re Having Financial Problems
Funding your addiction can get costly, and increase your risk for debt and other serious financial issues. If you’ve drained your savings account, or have problems making ends meet due to spending money on drugs, it’s time for you to consider treatment.
8. You’re Unable to Quit On Your Own
Some substances are addictive in nature, and can trigger physical dependency. If you’ve tried to quit on your own, but continue to experience relapses, your body may be physically dependent on the drugs you’re using. Get help as soon as possible before your addiction becomes worse and leads to more serious, complicated life and health problems.
Don’t put off getting treatment for your addiction. Drug abuse rehab centers offer several therapies and programs that can help you stop using indefinitely, and achieve lifelong sobriety.
If you or someone you love is struggling from drug abuse and addiction, call our helpline at 800-481-6320Who Answers?. Our counseling staff will help you find drug abuse rehab centers in your area, and provide you with the resources you need to recover in the healthiest and safest manner possible.