How Anxiety Rehab Centers Can Help You
Anxiety can be a serious disorder and may be a detriment to the everyday life of one who suffers from it. According to the Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA), “anxiety disorders are the most common mental illness in the US, affecting 40 million adults age 18 and older, but the disorders are also highly treatable.” There are many different types of anxiety, as well as a multitude of treatments available. Rehabilitation from an anxiety disorder can be a tremendous benefit to the afflicted.
Anxiety is a normal reaction to stress and in some situations can be beneficial however, for some people, can become excessive or overwhelming. There are several types of anxiety, such as generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), social anxiety disorder (SAD), panic disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Often, a person who suffers from an anxiety disorder, can also suffer from depression.
Although there is no cure, there are many options available for the treatment of these disorders. Some of them include:
- Exposure therapy in which the patient is gradually exposed to the situations that would normally cause anxiety for them, this takes place in a controlled environment.
- CBT, or Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. During this treatment the patient learns about what his/her exact triggers are and how to avoid or respond to those specific triggers.
- Relaxation Techniques. These may include things like acupuncture, breathing exercises, meditation etc. They are generally used to alleviate symptoms.
- Medicinal. This includes prescriptions as well as over the counter medications.
- Outpatient programs. This is where the patient would arrive at the treatment facility in the morning, and throughout the day meet with their doctors as well as attend therapy appointments. The patient would remain living at home.
- Residential Treatment. A patient would reside at the facility throughout treatment.
Anxiety can cause a slew of problems in the life of those affected, including but not limited to difficulty at work or social situations, depression, problems at home or with family and friends and also physical illness including stomach issues. Getting any type of treatment for your disorder is important, however the benefits that stem from a rehabilitation center are many.
A residential center can provide a place where you can focus on your rehabilitation completely, without influences or distractions from everyday life. This can help the patient see improvement much faster than if they were only taking medication or attending therapy only a few days a week. Another benefit is that the patient can receive multiple treatments in combination with one another to achieve better results. A residential facility can also be beneficial because the medical staff can also incorporate things such as a healthier diet into your treatment and because the patient is living at the center, it becomes easier for them to adjust to lifestyle changes, and for these new changes to become consistent and habitual. This can lead to a better success rate upon the patient returning home. We can help you find a residential anxiety rehab center. Call toll free 800-481-6320 for help.
Whatever your degree of anxiety may be or the reasons behind why you may suffer from it, it is treatable and there are options out there. Not only will you feel better mentally and physically, but you will gain confidence as well as freedom from the restrictions anxiety can cause.